Speaking of the Capitals, Worcester's Tom Poti is out indefinitely and on long-term injured reserve with nagging groin injury problems.
What does LTIR stand for?
LTIR stands for Long-Term Injured Reserve (professional sports)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LTIR
We have 2 other meanings of LTIR in our Acronym Attic
- Last Time Information Of Value
- Laughing Till I Puke
- Local Transportation Improvement Program
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Long Term Income Protection (various organizations)
- Long Term Independent Project
- Long Term Infrastructure Program
- Long Term Instrument Plan
- Licensed Trustee in Insolvency and Restructuring (Canada)
- Long Terminal Inverted Repeats (genetics)
- Longer Term Investment Return
- Lost Time Incident Rate
- Lost Time Injury Rate
- Landlord and Tenant Information and Referral Collaborative (San Mateo County, CA, USA)
- Landing Trail Intermediate School (Athabasca, Alberta, Canada)
- Linear Time-Invariant System
- London Travel Information System
- Long Term Incentive Scheme (various organizations)
- Long Term International Strategies (Canada)
- Lake Travis Independent School District (Austin, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Bruins are believed to have about $5 million in cap space to work with, a little over $4 million of that a result of placing Savard on long-term injured reserve Monday.
We feel that it's best for his short-term, medium-term and long-term welfare, (his) security, his family," Chiarelli said after placing Savard on long-term injured reserve.
He was taken off long-term injured reserve and clearing waivers yesterday.
5 million figure on long-term injured reserve to start the season, everything is OK until the German winger returns sometime around Thanksgiving.
Forwards Marc Savard (broken foot) and Milan Lucic (broken finger) are on long-term injured reserve, defenseman Dennis Wideman (shoulder) and forward Shawn Thornton (undisclosed injury) have returned after missing spot duty, and there has been the added turmoil of Chuck Kobasew being traded to Minnesota and Daniel Paille being acquired from Buffalo.
Boston, which has lost Milan Lucic (broken finger) and Marc Savard (broken foot) to long-term injured reserve and traded Chuck Kobasew to Minnesota, was also without Shawn Thornton (undisclosed injury).
He might go on long-term injured reserve, retroactive to the injury date, before this is all over.