Evidently, religious concerns over the construction of the giant statues for which this island is known took precedence over long-term ecological monitoring.
What does LTEM stand for?
LTEM stands for Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LTEM
We have 4 other meanings of LTEM in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Travis Education Foundation (Austin, TX)
- Library Technology Exchange Forum (Cornell University; New York)
- Long-Term Expenditure Framework (budgeting)
- London Tests of English for Children
- Low-Truncation-Error Finite Difference Equation
- Learning to Educate Globally (child care services; Houston, TX)
- Long Term Earnings Growth (finance)
- Long-Term Exchange Group (Service Civil International)
- Lubelskie Towarzystwo Ekologicznej Komunikacji (Polish: Ecological Society of Manitoba Communications)
- Long Term Exposure Limit
- Lorentz Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Low Temperature Evaporator Module
- Low Temperature Expansion Material
- low thermal expansion material
- Lange Termijn Energie Opslag (Dutch: Cold and Heat in the Soil)
- Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office (University of Bath; UK)
- Learning Technologies Enrichment Program (Miami University; Ohio)
- Libtorrent Extension Protocol
- Long Term Energy Performance
- Long-Term Ecosystem Productivity
Samples in periodicals archive:
``We have a long-term ecological monitoring program in the kelp forest,'' Richards said.