The flexibility of the system also allows two additional tracking channels to be updating long-range navigation systems.
What does LRNS stand for?
LRNS stands for Long-Range Navigation System (aviation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LRNS in our Acronym Attic
- Long Range Navigation (also seen as LRN)
- Laboratory Response Network for Bioterrorism (US CDC)
- Laser Recharge of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC)
- Lipid-Rich Necrotic Core
- Long Reference Number Code
- Land Registers of Northern Ireland (now Land and Property Services; UK)
- Lower Reference Nutrient Intake
- Long-Range Night Observation Device
- Legal Rights and Natural Resources Center (Philippines)
- Lower Republican Natural Resources District (nature preservation; Alma, NE)
- London Region Nordic Ski Club
- Lateral Reticular Nucleus
- Locally Risk-Neutral Valuation Relationship (mathematical modeling)
- Labor Relations Officer
- Land Rover Owner
- Large Radio Observatory (US NASA)
- Large Receive Offload
- Lateral Runout (tires)
- Latvian Relief Organization
- Lead Regional Organization (North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The L-3 TACAN can also be used as a pilot-controlled positioning system and/or as a blind navigation sensor controlled by one or more long-range navigation systems.
Sold as the model IEC 9002 FMS, the system is designed for aircraft which are not equipped with an FMS or are equipped with a long-range navigation system which does not meet the demands of current and future airspace standards.