[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] VERY LONG-CHAIN ACYL-COA DEHYDROGENASE (VLCAD) DEFICIENCY Tetradecenoylcarnitine (C14:1) is the primary marker used to identify VLCAD, and the flag of 0.
What does LCAD stand for?
LCAD stands for Long-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase (inherited metabolic disease)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LCAD
We have 3 other meanings of LCAD in our Acronym Attic
- Landing Craft Amphibious Cost Model (air cushion LCAC operations; replacement for OSCAR model)
- Lake County Arts and Cultural Alliance (Groveland, FL)
- London Centre for Arts and Cultural Enterprise (UK)
- Long-Chain Acyl-CoA Esters
- Large Cell Anaplastic Carcinoma of the Lung (cancer)
- Laguna College of Art and Design (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Lightweight Chemical Agent Detector (military technology; UK)
- Lincoln Council on Alcoholism and Drugs, Inc. (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- Linn County Ambulance District (Brookfield, MO)
- Liverpool Centre for Arts Development (Liverpool, England, UK)
- Lorain County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services (Ohio)
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- London Chest Activity of Daily Living
- Lighting Consultancy and Design Services (UK)
- Low Cost Aerial Delivery System (airdrops)
- Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Late Course Accelerated Hyperfractionated Radiotherapy
- Library of Congress Authorities File (Washington, DC)
- London College of Accounting and Finance (UK)
- Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (video game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Deficiencies have been identified in each of these FAO enzyme forms with the exception of long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (5).
Very long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency: identification of a new inborn error of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in fibroblasts.