Long range ultrasonic testing (LRUT) will be used to detect, locate and qualitatively assess the indications over distances of tens of metres either side the test site.
What does LRUT stand for?
LRUT stands for Long Range Ultrasonic Testing
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LRUT
- Lowest Replaceable Unit
- Lorry Road User Charging (UK)
- Left, Right, Up and Down (surveying)
- London Ruby Users Group
- Lake Region Union High School
- Long-Running Unit of Work (T.J. Watson Research Center)
- Local Resource Use Plan (forestry industry)
- Low Rate User Stations (World Meteorological Organization; UN)
- Least-Recently-Used Stack Model
- Locally Made Rapid Urease Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
TO MINIMISE the risk of costly unplanned shutdowns, SGS conducts long range ultrasonic testing (LRUT) of risers for Chevron Nigeria, one of the world's largest energy companies.
Mudge, P J, Teletest[R] Long Range Ultrasonic Testing Technique--Performance Details, Document Reference: TTP/01, May 2001.