These include Landing Platform Dock (LPD) - INS Jalashwa, UH 3H Helicopters, Harpoon ASM, Long Range Acoustic Devices, Modern Hull Penetrating Periscopes, Side Scan Sonar, C1 30J Transport Aircraft, Sensor Fused Weapons, C-17 Globemaster III, P-81 Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft, Quick Reaction Team (QRT) Boats etc.
What does LRAD stand for?
LRAD stands for Long Range Acoustic Device (non-lethal weapon that creates a directed beam of earsplitting noise)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LRAD
We have 9 other meanings of LRAD in our Acronym Attic
- Lance-Roquettes Antichar (French: Anti Tank Rocket Launcher)
- Large Research Allocations Committee
- Little Rock Athletic Club (fitness center; Little Rock, AR)
- Local Research Advisory Committee (Canada)
- Long Run Average Cost (economics)
- Learning Resources Association of California Community Colleges
- Land Redistribution for Agricultural Development (Department of Agriculture; South Africa)
- Land Reform for Agricultural Development (various nations)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance
- Logistics and Readiness Analysis Division
- Long-Range Alpha Detection
- Low Rate ADC Format
- Lanka Relief and Development Foundation (Sri Lanka)
- Long-Range Active Duty Program
- Long Range Acquisition Estimate (USAF)
- Land Rover Addict Forums
- Long Range Acquisition Forecast (US Navy)
- Long Range Air Force (former Soviet Union armed forces branch)
- Little Rock Air Force Base (Arkansas; US Air Force)
- Legislative Review Advisory Group (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This includes the long range acoustic device which will be deployed during the Games primarily to be used in the loudhailer mode as part of the measures to achieve a maritime stop on the Thames.
LRAD provides military personnel highly intelligible, long range voice communication to resolve uncertain situations peacefully and potentially save lives on both sides of the Long Range Acoustic Device.
An on-board security team repelled the attack by using evasive maneuvers, small-arms fire and a Long Range Acoustic Device, which can beam earsplitting alarm tones, the fleet said.
But help could be at hand in the form of a long range acoustic device (LRAD) -- hooked up to a humble MP3 player.
Shock waves from the Long Range Acoustic Device - the alarm we activated - the blast has damaged my hearing.
showed off its Long Range Acoustic Device - a circular loudspeaker about three feet in diameter and eight inches thick - that it designed after the October 2000 suicide boat attack on the U.
Called a Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD), this 33 inch diameter dish directs an ear-splitting sound in a very tight beam for a few seconds at a time.