Only Dillian's chapter on long distance movement of obsidian in North America attempts to explain how obsidian from the western Rocky Mountains moved over space.
What does LDM stand for?
LDM stands for Long Distance Movement
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LDM
We have 123 other meanings of LDM in our Acronym Attic
- Load Message
- Load Meter
- Local Data Manager
- Local Domain Manager
- Logical Data Model
- Logical Decision Making
- Logical Device Map
- Logical Disk Manager
- Logistics Decision Model
- Long Distance Modem
- Lorenzo de' Medici School (Florence, Italy and Austin, TX)
- Lossless Dispersive Media
- Low-Dimensional Magnetism
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage (various locations)
- Land Development Management Agency
- License Distribution and Management Architecture
- Literary, Dramatic, Musical and Artistic (works)
- Local Direct Memory Access
- London Discount Market Association (banking)
- Long Differential Mobility Analyzer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most desert tortoises spend a large part of the year in a relatively small area, although long distance movements of several miles have been documented.
Dispersed Grid detected no long distance movement of spiders around the ponds, so we decided to arrange the Adjacent Grid plots in a close adjacent pattern to determine if movement occurred at a smaller scale.
But the increased size of herds, long distance movement and intensive methods had left the livestock farmer vulnerable to diseases that would reach their peak in 1967.
The current local and long distance movement licences will be replaced by a new, single, licence.