Public health in the region is also disproportionately affected, according to figures from the London Health Observatory (LHO), with more people dying from related diseases than other areas where the rate of smoking is higher.
What does LHO stand for?
LHO stands for London Health Observatory (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LHO
We have 28 other meanings of LHO in our Acronym Attic
- Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications
- Lenox Hill Neighborhood House (New York, NY)
- Lawrence Home Nursing Team (UK)
- Large Herd Operators (Elora, ON, Canada)
- Laughing Head Off
- Lee Harvey Oswald
- Left Hand Opponent (bridge game)
- Live Human Organ
- Local Head Office (various locations)
- Local Housing Organisation (UK)
- Lost Harvesting Opportunity (forestry industry)
- Lowell House Opera (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Lower Hatch Open
- Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (genetic disorder)
- Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates LLP (est. 1950; Torrington, CT)
- Lighthouse of Broward (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Longworth House Office Building
- Leite Humano Ordenhado Cru (Portugal; breast-milk banking)
- Last Half of Darkness (computer game)
- Literary Hall of Fame (North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dr Bobbie Jacobson, London Health Observatory director, said: "The significant proportion of women who reported smoking in pregnancy is a sign of our need to redouble our preventative efforts in primary and maternity care.
While overall deaths from smoking-related diseases across England had fallen, "the significant proportion of women who reported smoking in pregnancy is a sign of our need to redouble our preventative efforts in primary and maternity care," London Health Observatory director Dr Bobbie Jacobson said.