Body weight, slaughter procedure, and measurement of loin eye area and back fat thickness A total 36 of piglets (one male and one female piglet from each sow) were used to evaluate changes in body weight, muscle fiber number, carcass traits and pork quality traits.
What does LEA stand for?
LEA stands for Loin Eye Area (meat-producing animals)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LEA
We have 177 other meanings of LEA in our Acronym Attic
- Local Education Agency
- Local Education Authority (UK)
- Local Electoral Act (New Zealand)
- Local Employment Initiatives (UK)
- Local Enforcement Agency
- Local Enterprise Agency Ltd.
- Local Environment Agency
- Locally Equivalent Alternatives
- Logistics Engineering Analysis
- Logistics Evaluation Agency (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although, growth performance, physical and chemical compositions in body fractions were greatly affected, final body or carcass weight was partly affected by the energy intake In addition, loin characteristics such as shear force and loin eye area were partly influenced by energy intake levels.
The high group had the highest loin eye area (p<0.