The local water utility estimates that it takes more than two years before water comes back up after being sent into the aquifer.
What does LWU stand for?
LWU stands for Local Water Utility (Local Government and Shires Associations; New South Wales, Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LWU
We have 4 other meanings of LWU in our Acronym Attic
- Liquid Waste Transfer and Storage (Chalk River Laboratories; Canada)
- London West Training Services (UK)
- Light Weight Tactical Strike Fighter
- Lady With the Spinning Head (U2 song)
- Load Wheel and Torsional Shaft Suspension
- Linked Work Training Trust (UK)
- London Weekend TeleVision (UK)
- Land Warfare University
- Literatur in Wissenschaft und Unterricht (German: Literature in Science and Teaching)
- Lithuanian Workers' Union (trade union)
- Logical Work Unit
- Longwood University (Farmville, VA)
- Local Water Utilities Administration (Philippines)
- Lightweight User Interface Toolkit (Sun Microsystems)
- Less Widely Used and Less Taught (in reference to languages)
- Long Wave Ultra Violet (wavelength)
- Lackawanna and Wyoming Valley Railway Company
- Lawrenceville, Illinois (Airport Code)
- League of Women Voters
- Light Weight Vehicle
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now the local water utility, which resisted lowering its rates for the brewery for years, has proposed a lower industrial water rate.
Authorities said the local water utility agency in charge of northern Metro Manila's water supply, Maynilad, had hired aircraft to perform cloud seeding operations over the Angat Dam over the past two days in a bid to stem the crisis.
Most Americans depend on their local water utility to provide a safe water supply, testing and monitoring is not as routine as most people think.
After a dramatic standoff between protestors and the military that left one young man dead, the government finally backed down, amending the national water legislation, rescinding the contract it had signed with the private consortium, and granting control of the local water utility to the network of social organizations that emerged to coordinate the protests, the Coalition for the Defense of Water and Life, known as "the Coordinadora.
That's true even if your local water utility tells you otherwise.
Molders can also talk with their local water utility representative about the issue of pH and chlorine.
If there have been, I would ask the local water utility to test for perchlorates.