The ground station will be one of a network of three so-called Medium Earth Orbit Local User Terminals (MEOLUT) that will relay distress signals received by the Galileo satellites to rescue teams throughout the European Union.
What does LUT stand for?
LUT stands for Local User Terminal
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of LUT
We have 20 other meanings of LUT in our Acronym Attic
- Leicester University Students Union
- Leicester University Students Union Medical Association (Leicester, United Kingdom)
- Leidse Universitaire Sport Vereniging (Dutch: Leiden University Sports Association)
- Land Use and Transportation
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland)
- Launch Umbilical Tower
- Lavaredo Ultra Trail (Italy)
- Licensed Unity Teacher
- Limited User Test
- Limited User Training
- Lookup Table
- Loughborough University of Technology (UK)
- Lower Urinary Tract
- Lulea University of Technology (Sweden)
- Limited User Test - Readiness Review
- Louisiana Urban Technical Assistance Center
- Lyon Urban Trucks and Bus (France)
- Lancaster University Tennis Club
- Life Underwriter Training Council (insurance)
- Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The DASS Local User Terminal being developed at GSFC will initially support the proof-of-concept phase for the DASS System Development and will become part of the operational system.
The subsystem will form part of a Distress Alerting Satellite System (DASS) Developmental Local User Terminal (DLUT) being developed under a contract with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard Space Flight Center.
A satellite "reads" these signals and transmits them to one of 28 Local User Terminal ground stations throughout the world.
EMS supplies hardware, specifically, SAR repeaters on the spacecraft and Local User Terminals (LUTs) and Mission Control Centres (MCCs) on the ground, that generates and communicates location data to emergency management authorities in 20 countries.