The delegation also visited an Air Force base to meet with local union representatives to discuss their working conditions, union rights and agency missions.
What does LUR stand for?
LUR stands for Local Union Representative (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LUR
We have 15 other meanings of LUR in our Acronym Attic
- Left Upper Quadrant (medicine)
- Lending Universe Quantum (software)
- Left Upper-Quadrant Bursting
- Left Upper Quadrant Cells
- La Martiniere Union Rox (comedy group; La Martiniere College; India)
- Land Use Regulation (various states)
- Lease Up Rate
- Listagem de Utilizadores de Risco (Portugal)
- Liver Uptake Ratio
- Ljubljanske Urbane Regije (Slovenian: Ljubljana Urban Region; agency)
- Lower Unit Rate (broadcast advertising)
- Ladies Union Relief Association (various locations)
- Land Use Restriction Agreement (real estate)
- Longmont Urban Renewal Authority (Longmont, CO)
- Loveland Urban Renewal Authority (Loveland, CO)
- Lancaster University Real Ale and Cider Society
- Land Use Regulation Commission
- Land Use Review Committee (Seattle, WA)
- Lesbian until Release Date (prison slang)
- Liberians United for Reconciliation and Democracy
Samples in periodicals archive:
A local union representative agreed trucking is difficult work and a major factor in the shortage, but said higher wages help to keep union driving jobs filled.
They are using the disaster as an excuse to let people go," said Shinni Otomo, a local union representative.
On board tonight's flight to Bangkok to meet the MD of Sahaviriya Steel Industries (SSI) Mr Win Viriyaprapaikit will be Teesside MPs Ian Swales and Tom Blenkinsop, local union representative Geoff Waterfield and national organisers from Community, Unite and the GMB.
In a statement, the company said that management is working with local union representatives to minimize the number of layoffs at the Tennessee Operations facility.
An Assembly Government spokeswoman said: "Issues have been raised with the Health Minister about maternity services at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, and she will ask the Chief Nursing Officer for Wales, Rosemary Kennedy, to meet with staff, management and local union representatives as soon as possible.
Local union representative Mick Kavannagh said: "We took ten postal workers from the Coventry area to the rally - the idea was that ten people from each branch turned up - and it went really well.
He said local union representatives would discuss their next step after consulting their national executive later today.