Extremeflex(TM) cables are now available to complement the family of CommScope Wireless products for the Third Generation Wireless (3G), Personal Communication Systems (PCS), Global System for Mobile communications (GSM), Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), Local Multipoint Distribution Systems (LMDS), and Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Systems (MMDS) markets.
What does LMDS stand for?
LMDS stands for Local Multipoint Distribution System (aka Local Multipoint Distribution Service; broadband system)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LMDS
We have 9 other meanings of LMDS in our Acronym Attic
- Leiden Muscular Dystrophy Pages (Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center)
- Life-Cycle Mission Data Plan (US DoD)
- Lunar and Meteorite Disk Program (US NASA)
- Linear Medium Density Polyethylene
- Lightweight Mobility Detection and Response (algorithm)
- Low-Medium Density Residential (land use designation)
- Lower Mississippi Delta Region
- Lightweight Modular Display System
- Lightweight Multipurpose Decontamination System
- Listeria Monocytogenes Detection System (bacteria infection)
- Locally Multiply Damaged Site (biology)
- Lockheed Martin Defense Systems
- Logicon Message Dissemination System
- Logistics Management Decision Support System
- Lower Mainland Down Syndrome Society (Canada)
- La Maison du Touriste (French: House of Tourists)
- Leadville Mine Drainage Tunnel (Colorado)
- Lightweight Manpack Data Terminal (United Kingdom)
- Linear Machine Decision Tree (algorithm)
- Log Mean Differential Temperature
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nextlink services include broadband wireless access at speeds ranging from T-1 up to OC-12 over licensed local multipoint distribution system (LMDS) spectrum in the 28-31 GHz range.
The AirStar point-to-multipoint technology, also known as local multipoint distribution systems (LMDS), allows carriers to offer wireless Internet and voice services to business customers.
Wireless broadband strategies, such as local multipoint distribution systems (LMDS) and third-generation (3G) cellular systems will spur significant growth in the latter part of the study period," Fuertes said.
As of August 31, 2003, the Company provided high-speed Internet access services to over three million subscribers in 98 districts through owned and leased cable lines, to 35,477 subscribers through local multipoint distribution system connections and to 20,843 subscribers through wireless local area networks connections.
the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has allocated spectrum for such local multipoint distribution systems (LMDS), an equipment market that according to The Strategis Group, may grow to at least $8 billion in the next 10 years.
Liberty Cellular, which won 28 GHz and 31 GHz licenses in the FCC auction of Local Multipoint Distribution System (LMDS) radio spectrum earlier this year, will use Nortel Networks technology to deliver voice and data services to customers across Kansas.
About Ikusi Ikusi designs, manufactures and integrates a full line of cable television and DBS (Direct Broadcast Satellite) distribution equipment, high-speed Internet access platforms, wireless fiber-optic microcell repeaters for cellular/PCS (Personal Communications Service) networks, Local Multipoint Distribution Systems (LMDS) and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) systems.