NPL, based at the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, is working with local manufacturers to solve measurement-related problems, introduce new technologies and provide new or updated measurement knowledge to their staff - resulting in better targeted measurement and improved use of current and emerging technologies, leading to less scrap, more conforming product and more informed staff.
What does LOCMAN stand for?
LOCMAN stands for Local Manufacturer
This definition appears very rarely
- Logistics Control and Information Support
- Logical Co-processing Kernel
- Lockheed Martin
- Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe (Stanford University)
- Live Oak County Library (George West, TX)
- Lack of Cohesion of Methods (software metrics)
- Law of Conservation of Matter (energy)
- Low Osmolality Contrast Media
- Low Osmolar Contrast Material
- Lower of Cost or Market (inventory valuation)
- Low Observability Coatings and Materials Maintenance
- Local Oxidation CMOS
- League of Old Continent Nations (gaming)
- Location (NEC)
- London Open College Network
- Land of Chaos Online (game)
- Layered Organization in the Coastal Ocean
- Locomotive (mining industry)
- Loudoun County, Virginia (nickname)
- LOw COmplexity LOssless COmpression for Images
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to a report by Daily News, this is the first time in Sri Lanka; the Health Ministry has made arrangements to purchase drugs from local manufacturers without applying the usual tender procedure.
Tom Lawton, partner at BDO LLP in the West Midlands, said: "As local manufacturers forecasts hit a record high for anticipated outputs and orders we expect to see the region continue to strengthen as the UK recovery takes hold.
Yes, we should co-operate with GCC countries, but it should not be at the expense of local manufacturers.
Holly location of National Gypsum, a local manufacturer of wallboard and finishing products.
Investments by local manufacturers in those tech lines will be screened by the key technology task force of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) according to the principle that "roots left by local manufacturers in Taiwan should be larger than their offshoots in China.
While it's a good first step, it'll take much more to overcome the myriad challenges faced by local manufacturers, according to Bob Scott, chairman of the Valley Industry and Commerce Association.
Secondly, a local manufacturer, located within a 500-mile radius from the job site, fabricated the steel members, which were installed by a local contractor.