A significant aspect of the XP SP2 release involves locking down the Local Machine zone to help prevent the running of malicious scripts and ActiveX controls and fortifying against harmful web downloads.
What does LMZ stand for?
LMZ stands for Local Machine Zone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LMZ
We have 3 other meanings of LMZ in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Medizin Zentrum (Germany)
- Laser-Melted Zone
- Last Major Zone
- Lateral Marginal Zone
- Lebensmittel Zeitung (Germany)
- Leder und Motorradclub Zürich
- Left Middle Zone (lung region)
- Lehrmittelzentum (Austria)
- Leningradsky Metallichesky Zavod
- Lizzie McGuire Zone (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IE zone settings include Internet Zone, Local Intranet Zone, Trusted Sites Zone (for URLs that are considered to be more reputable or trustworthy), Restricted Sites Zone (for websites that contain content that can cause or have previously caused problems) and Local Machine Zone (an unrestricted special zone that is used only by internal components of the operating system).