June 11, 2002: The Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act fails to garner enough votes to force a vote in the Senate, killing the legislation.
What does LLEEA stand for?
LLEEA stands for Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Lifelong Learning and Educational Access Program (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Limb Loss Education and Awareness Program (Amputee Coalition of America)
- Language Learning Environment and Resource Network (Canada)
- Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (US DOJ)
- Local Law Enforcement Block Grant
- Lairdside Laser Engineering Centre (University of Liverpool; Liverpool, England, UK)
- Large Loop Excision of the Cervix
- Lessons-Learned Evaluation Condition Report
- Language and Literacy Education
- Luiss Lab on European Economics (Italy)
- Live Longer Educational Foundation (Canada)
- Louisiana Lions Eye Foundation (Lions Clubs International; New Orleans, LA)
- Livermore Legislative Education Group (California)
- Latino/a Lesbian and Gay Organization (Ithaca, NY)
- Local Law Enforcement Grant Program (Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board)
- Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- Low-Loss Electron Imaging
- Lower Level End Item Sub-Division
- Low Level Energy Laser
- Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (Lewisville, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Human Rights Campaign called on Congress today to pass the Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act (S.
The Anti-Defamation League has spearheaded efforts in Congress to secure passage of federal hate-crimes statutes including the currently pending Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, which would fill in the gaps where existing law does not provide authority for federal involvement in cases relating to sexual orientation, gender or disability.
Boehner has repeatedly voted against hate-crimes legislation, such as the Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, which passed the House in 2005.
House on September 14 passed the Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, a hate-crimes bill that includes crimes based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
The Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, a bill that would add sexual orientation to the list of characteristics protected by federal hate-crimes laws, was reintroduced in the U.
Labinski is less concerned with President Bush's promise to veto the Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, which would add crimes based on sexual orientation to those covered under the federal hate-crimes law.
This development alone, he insists, would create the political climate needed for passage of the two major pieces of gay rights legislation, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and the Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act, a hate-crimes bill that would include enhanced penalties for crimes motivated by sexual orientation.