Parker theorized that a strong wind blows incessantly from the sun, filling local interstellar space with ionized gas.
What does LIS stand for?
LIS stands for Local Interstellar Space
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LIS
We have 203 other meanings of LIS in our Acronym Attic
- List Insertion Sort
- Lithium Ion Storage
- Livestock Identification Services Ltd. (Alberta, Canada)
- Load Interrupter Switch
- Load Isolation System
- Loan Insurance Scheme (Singapore)
- Local Innovation Systems (MIT Industrial Performance Center project)
- Local Installation Source (computer files)
- Local Interconnection Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1958, Eugene Parker discovered that a stiff wind blows incessantly from the sun, filling local interstellar space with ionized gas.