The approved boundaries of the new local government districts and their wards mean that there will be 120 fewer councillors than at present.
What does LGD stand for?
LGD stands for Local Government District
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LGD
We have 31 other meanings of LGD in our Acronym Attic
- Linguistics Graduate Course Union (University of Toronto; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Lieutenant-Governor's Community Volunteer Award for Students (Ontario, Canada)
- Lesbian & Gay Chorus of Washington
- La Grande, OR, USA (Airport Code)
- Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
- Landing Gear Division (Goodrich)
- Lead Guitarist Disease
- Leaderless Group Discussion (problem solving methodology)
- Livestock Guardian Dog
- Local Government Department (various locations)
- Looking Glass Design (various organizations)
- Loss Given Default
- Lou Gehrig's Disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Low-Grade Dysplasia (abnormal cells, such as those found when doing a biopsy)
- La Guerra Del Anillo (Spanish: War of the Ring)
- Lawn and Garden Dealers Association (est. 1986)
- Lietuvos Grafinio Dizaino Asociacija (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Graphic Design Association; Lithuania)
- Lifestyle Garden Design Association (South Africa)
- Louisiana Game Developers Association
- Louisville Graphic Design Association (est. 1989; Louisville, KY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 11 local government districts are: Belfast District, Derry and Strabane District, Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon District, Lisburn and Castlereagh District, Newry, Mourne and Down District, Antrim and Newtownabbey District, North Down and Ards District, Causeway Coast and Glens District, Fermanagh and Omagh District, Mid and East Antrim District and Mid Ulster District.
The local government district of Wychavon in the UK turned to Lanner as part of a project to improve call handling.
In addition to overall NI level figures, equivalent information can be obtained at both Local Government District and Parliamentary Constituency level.
The study also revealed: A TOTAL of 5,642 marriages (69%) were religious ceremonies and the remaining 2,514 (31%) were civil unions MOST took place in Belfast Local Government District (1,335 marriages) while Moyle Local Government District had the fewest (97 marriages) SATURDAY September 4 was the most popular day to get married last year, with 112 couples getting wed on that date AVERAGE duration of marriage ending in divorce in 2010 was 18.
In 2011 Northern Ireland's 26 local government districts will be reduced to 11 new, larger councils.
The report consists of two datasets which include 60 health-related indicators that are available for every county in the Republic and every local government district in the North.