In other words, headquarters could get the information they need over the Internet without having to access the application's data retrieval system or without visiting the company's local data warehouse.
What does LDW stand for?
LDW stands for Local Data Warehouse
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LDW
We have 24 other meanings of LDW in our Acronym Attic
- Lane Departure Warning (Infiniti cars)
- Large Diameter Weapon
- Last Day Worked
- Lateral Drift Warning System (automotive)
- Leadership Development Workshop (various organizations)
- Less Developed World
- Less Door Width
- Limited Damage Waiver (insurance)
- Lindenwold (Amtrak station code; Lindenwold, NJ)
- Local Danger Warning (Vehicular Ad Hoc Network)
- Logical Decision for Windows
- Long Distance Walker (someone who practises the sport of long distance walking)
- Loss Damage Waiver (insurance)
- Leaf Dry Weight per Leaf Area (fruit quality)
- Long Distance Walkers Association (UK)
- Long Distance Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries
- Large Display Working Group
- Leadership Development Working Group
- Laidlaw, Inc. (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Texas Instruments distributes information from its enterprise data warehouse in Texas to local data warehouses in locations all around the world.
It also significantly strengthens our data sales division, providing the local search industry with an authoritative local data warehouse that can accommodate any need: from raw, basefile data to a fully white-labeled local search product that any publisher can deploy to their website.
Increasingly, customers are combining the benefits of a central data warehouse with those of local data warehouses or "data marts" distributed throughout the organization.