Last year, London-based Lloyd's Market Association - an umbrella group of insurers - listed Nigeria, neighboring Benin and nearby waters in the same risk category as Somalia.
What does LMA stand for?
LMA stands for Lloyd's Market Association (London, England, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LMA
We have 256 other meanings of LMA in our Acronym Attic
- Legal Marketing Association
- Legal Marriage Alliance
- Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm
- Lexikon des Mittelalters (German: Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages)
- Lietuvos Muzikos Akademija (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Academy of Music)
- Lights Motors Action (Disney World Show)
- Lightspeed Memory Architecture (computing)
- Linux Media Arts (Reno, NV)
- Lisbon Metropolitan Area (Portugal)
- Livestock Marketing Association
- Loan Management Account (credit line)
- Loan Market Association
- Local Management Agreement
- Local Marketing Agreement
- Lockheed Martin Aerospace
- Lockheed Martin Astronautics
- Logistics & Manufacturing Association, Port Laredo
- London Metropolitan Archives (London, England, UK)
- Longissimus Muscle Area
- Lou Martin & Associates, Inc. (San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Any situation like this could result in business moving to other areas," said Neil Roberts, a senior executive at the Lloyd's Market Association, which represents underwriters operating in the Lloyd's of London insurance market.
The Joint War Committee (JWC), which groups syndicate members from the Lloyd's Market Association (LMA) and representatives from London's insurance company market, added Libya to a list of area it considered high risk for merchant vessels and prone to war, strikes, terrorism and related perils.
Underwriters are monitoring the situation but apart from the obvious damage to the vessel, there is no definite information on which to base a view," said Neil Roberts, a senior technical executive with the Lloyd's Market Association.
The Lloyd's Market Association removed Sri Lankan ports from the high-risk category from earlier this month, the foreign ministry said in a statement.
David Foreman is a member of the Underwriting and Claims Committee of the Lloyd's Market Association and Deputy Chairman of Lloyd's Japan Inc.
In BestWeek Europe, with the approach of Solvency II in the European Union, the Lloyd's market is making greater use of actuarial skills, according to the Lloyd's Market Association, which represents Lloyd's managing agents.
Terry Hayday, manager of professional standards for the Lloyd's Market Association, said there has been a concerted effort by the insurance industry to raise its profile among young people.