Livestock Marketing Association, the Supreme Court established that the beef checkoff program and its mandatory assessments were constitutional and a producer's obligation to pay checkoff assessments to fund generic commodity advertising did not violate the first amendment.
What does LMA stand for?
LMA stands for Livestock Marketing Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LMA
We have 256 other meanings of LMA in our Acronym Attic
- Legal Marketing Agency (Australia)
- Legal Marketing Association
- Legal Marriage Alliance
- Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm
- Lexikon des Mittelalters (German: Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages)
- Lietuvos Muzikos Akademija (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Academy of Music)
- Lights Motors Action (Disney World Show)
- Lightspeed Memory Architecture (computing)
- Linux Media Arts (Reno, NV)
- Lisbon Metropolitan Area (Portugal)
- Lloyd's Market Association (London, England, UK)
- Loan Management Account (credit line)
- Loan Market Association
- Local Management Agreement
- Local Marketing Agreement
- Lockheed Martin Aerospace
- Lockheed Martin Astronautics
- Logistics & Manufacturing Association, Port Laredo
- London Metropolitan Archives (London, England, UK)
- Longissimus Muscle Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mark Anderson of Producers Livestock Marketing Association noted, "This is the type of system we, as feedlot operators, have been waiting for.
said Nancy Robinson, Livestock Marketing Association vice president.
Quality cattle The cattle in this sale were managed according to quality-assurance and process-verification parameters established by eMerge Interactive, the KCA, and its industry partners, including the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, and the Kentucky Farm Bureau, Livestock Marketing Association and Veterinary Medical Association.
New research shows that many consumers are willing to pay significant premiums for beef that is guaranteed tender, reports the Livestock Marketing Association.
Sirs, New Zealand's meat industry and livestock farmers came under attack recently when the Livestock Marketing Association (LMA) and the Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund USA (R-CALF) criticized imported beef standards in a wave of unilateral statements released to the media.
He currently serves on numerous advisory boards in various capacities, including Chairman of Texas Beef Council and Board Member of the Livestock Marketing Association.
The Livestock Marketing Association has advised its members to begin requiring documentation from cattle producers or risk being unable to sell to slaughterhouses.