The bullet was fired one kilometre away inland towards another group of recruits during a live fire exercise, when all live fire should have been safely aimed out to sea.
What does LFX stand for?
LFX stands for Live Fire Exercise
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LFX
We have 1 other meaning of LFX in our Acronym Attic
- Low Fusing White Gold Solder (alloy handling)
- Life Fellow of the World Literary Academy
- Linking Farmers With Markets (China)
- Low-Frequency White Noise (meteorology)
- Living Faith World Outreach Ministries (Trenton, NJ)
- Ludowy Front Wyzwolenia Palestyny (Polish: Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine)
- Local Flood Warning System
- Labuan International Financial Exchange (est. 1990; Labuan, Malaysia)
- Latin FX
- Lighting Effect
- Label Free Youth
- Last Financial Year
- Linux for You (publication)
- Lawyers For Your Business (UK)
- Lawyers for Young People (UK)
- Life for Youth Ranch (Christian camp; Vero Beach, FL)
- Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses (Public Health Agency of Canada; Ontario, Canada)
- Laser Floating Zone
- Logic Free Zone
- Lohnfortzahlung (German: Sick Pay)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Students at the Afghanistan National Army School of Artillery have prepared for the next phase of their careers with a live fire exercise at the Kabul Military Training Centre range.
Summary: The United Nations peacekeeping force and Lebanese Armed Forces conducted a live fire exercise in southern Lebanon Wednesday near the Blue Line with Israel.
November 16, 2008 (EL FASHER) -- The United Nations -- African Union hybrid operation in Darfur (UNAMID) admitted that UNAMID forces had conducted a routine live fire exercise between November 10 and 14 near El Fasher, the capital of North Darfur.
The successful firings, using Patriot Guidance Enhancement Missiles (GEM), reinforced the ROC air force's ability to conduct a live fire exercise in a tactical environment against a realistic threat.
The sergeant, who cannot be identified, allegedly downed up to 10 bottles of beer and spirits hours before going on a live fire exercise near Newcastle, Co Down, Belfast Coroner's Court was told.
An RAF corporal was accidentally shot dead by one of his friends during a live fire exercise, an inquest heard yesterday.
Focused on a phased approach to teach fire support fundamentals and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) for execution, an integral part of the program is the Observation Post (OP) 13 fire control exercise (FCX) or combined arms live fire exercise (CALFEX).