So why not turn the little red schoolhouses of the past into state-of-the art environmental--and student-friendly--green halls of learning?
What does LRS stand for?
LRS stands for Little Red Schoolhouse (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LRS
We have 191 other meanings of LRS in our Acronym Attic
- Lietuvos Respublikos Seimas (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Parliament)
- Lifetime Reproductive Success
- Light Rail System (various locations)
- Line Repeater Station
- Linear Recursive Sequence
- Linear Referencing System (transportation engineering)
- Linear Regression Slope (algorithm)
- Link Reinforcement Set for MGB
- Liquids-Rich Shale (energy production)
- Literature Reviewing Service
- Little Red Spot (feature of Jupiter)
- Littoral Remote Sensing
- Lloyd's Register of Shipping
- Lobbyists Registration System (Canada)
- Lockton Risk Services (insurance; Lockton Companies)
- Logistics Readiness Squadron (USAF)
- Long Range Surveillance
- Long-Range Search
- Longest Repeating Sequence
- Low Ratio Suspension (bicycles)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Training and experience in ELL and writing in digital environments or Little Red Schoolhouse pedagogy highly desirable.
Byline: Ed Patenaude COLUMN: So I've Heard The Janet Malser Humanities Trust has saved the Webster-Dudley Historical Society's Little Red Schoolhouse Museum from deterioration at its roof line and beyond.
From the restoration of New York's only lighthouse in Fort Washington Park popularized in the 1940's children's book "The Little Red Schoolhouse," to the Winter Garden Theatre in Times Square, their projects have run the gamut of architectural styles.
Among the activities scheduled for the trip are a special welcome dinner to introduce the students to one another, Elm Place students attending language arts and photography classes with their Alba counterparts, creating personalized quilts in conjunction with the Soaring Words organization for young victims of Katrina that have been hospitalized in the area, and a visit to The Little Red Schoolhouse to learn about the hurricane experiences of residents on nearby Dauphin Island.
FROM THE LAST ISSUE The Little Red Schoolhouse, located just west of 1-55 on Highway 17 in Holmes County, was built in the 1840s as the Richland Literary Institute and once served as the Eureka Masonic College.
But one hundred and thirty-three years after the Franco-Prussian War and the Treaty of Frankfurt, eighty-six years after Compiegne, and sixty years after D-Day and the Nazi surrender in that little red schoolhouse in Reims, the meaning of what Helmut Kohl and Francois Mitterrand, building oil the work of their predecessors, achieved is clear: there is no risk of war between the great Western European powers.
Byline: Anne Williams The Register-Guard LORANE - Twenty years ago, Lorane Elementary School teacher Carroll Noel helped hoist a totem pole, newly carved by the school's fourth-grade class, onto its base across the gravel driveway from the little red schoolhouse.