Another variant is the liquid metal fast breeder reactor which uses liquid metal such as lead and sodium to cool and moderate the reactor temperature whose heat again drives turbines.
What does LMFBR stand for?
LMFBR stands for Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor (nuclear reactor which generates fissile material)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Labor Management Fund Advisors (Troy, MI)
- List of Materials for Approval
- Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Lithuania)
- Livestock Management Facilities Act (Illinois)
- London Minor Football Association
- Laughing My Fat Ass Off
- Laughing My Flat Ass Off
- Laughing My Friggin' Ass Off (polite form)
- Loving My Friends and Others (band)
- Little Man from Another Place (Twin Peaks TV series)
- Lockheed Martin Fairchild
- Logarithmic Mean Fluorescent Channel
- Loughborough Model Flying Club (est. 1980; Leicestershire, England, UK)
- Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (California designation)
- Love Makes a Family (also seen as LMF; Hartford, CT)
- Lincoln Maine Federal Credit Union (Maine)
- Logan Medical Federal Credit Union (Logan, UT)
- Left Multi-Function Display
- Lego Metro Fire District
- Lower Merion Fire Department (PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Key Topics Covered: -Executive Summary -Overview of Nuclear Industry Background Types of Nuclear Reactors Fission Reactor Pressurized Water Reactors Boiling Water Reactors Advanced Boiling Water Reactor Advanced Liquid Metal Reactor (ALMR) Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor Gas Cooled Reactor & Advanced Gas Cooled Reactor Super Critical Water Cooled Reactor Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator New and Upcoming Nuclear Technologies Advanced Liquid-Metal Reactor Pebble Bed Modular Reactor What Makes up a Nuclear Power Plant?