Lipoxygenase catalyzes the formation of aldehydes, such as hexanal, (E)-2-hexenal, (E,Z)-2,6-nonadienal and (E)-2-nonenal.
What does LOX stand for?
LOX stands for Lipoxygenase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LOX
We have 7 other meanings of LOX in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Ontario Winter Storms Project (US NOAA)
- Llama Owners of Washington State
- Lookout Operated Warning System (railway safety)
- Low Osmolality Water Soluble
- League of Washington Theatres (Washington, DC)
- Low Altitude Atmospheric Transmission
- Low Resolution Transmission (Model)
- Landscape Origins of the Wye Valley (UK)
- League of Women Voters
- Letter of Explanation
- Liquid Oxygen
- Liquid Oxygen Explosive
- Living Off Experience
- US Typeset Official Seals (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Lipoxygenases Database
- Lowest Temperature Exceeded for All Time
- Lowest Temperature Exceeded For the Month
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Liquid Oxygen Torch System
- Locus of Crossover in P1 (genetics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the THF-diols or LTX-diols modulate luteinizing-hormone-releasing hormone release via pathways related to NO synthase, phospholipase A (PLA), cyclooxygenase (COX), or lipoxygenase (LOX), the compounds may directly or indirectly control breast or prostate cancer growth and proliferation via modulation of gonadotropin release and/or ovarian or testicular steroidogenesis.
Cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase metabolite generation in nasal polyps.
Reductive inactivation of soybean lipoxygenase 1 by catechols: a possible mechanism for regulation of lipoxygenase activity.
We have already identified potent lipoxygenase inhibitors that have shown activity in preclinical animal models of diabetes and are evaluating more potent and pharmacologically optimized leads in appropriate animal models.
Biocatalysts Ltd of Treforest Industrial Estate, Pontypridd, Wales, tel:0144 384 3712, have produced two new lipoxygenase enzyme products for the flavour industry.
Lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase metabolism: new insights in treatment and chemoprevention of pancreatic cancer.
New products included for the first time include Lipoxygenase, for the production of green flavour notes, and Lipomod 627P (lipase), for selected baking applications, both of which will be available in this Spring.