The results of ORION show:(1) - rosuvastatin 5mg and 40mg significantly reduced LDL-C by 39% and 58%, respectively from baseline - rosuvastatin was associated with arrested progression of carotid atherosclerosis from baseline - Where regression of carotid atherosclerosis was observed, this was associated with more intensive LDL-C lowering from baseline - rosuvastatin reduced the proportion of the lipid-rich necrotic core (% LRNC) in the most diseased area of atherosclerotic plaques: - 5mg and 40mg reduced % LRNC at this site by 17.
What does LRNC stand for?
LRNC stands for Lipid-Rich Necrotic Core
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LRNC
We have 1 other meaning of LRNC in our Acronym Attic
- Land Rover North America
- Laws Relating to the Navy Annotated (US Navy)
- League of Residential Neighborhood Advocates (Los Angeles, CA)
- League of Revolutionaries for a New America
- Little Rock National Airport (Little Rock, AR)
- Lloyd's Register North America (various locations)
- Long-Range Nuclear ALCM
- Long Range Navigation (also seen as LRN)
- Laboratory Response Network for Bioterrorism (US CDC)
- Laser Recharge of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC)
- Long Reference Number Code
- Land Registers of Northern Ireland (now Land and Property Services; UK)
- Lower Reference Nutrient Intake
- Long-Range Night Observation Device
- Legal Rights and Natural Resources Center (Philippines)
- Lower Republican Natural Resources District (nature preservation; Alma, NE)
- Long-Range Navigation System (aviation)
- London Region Nordic Ski Club
- Lateral Reticular Nucleus
- Locally Risk-Neutral Valuation Relationship (mathematical modeling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PRAGUE, Czech Republic, April 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- New data presented today from ORION (Outcome of Rosuvastatin treatment on carotid artery atheroma: a magnetic resonance Imaging ObservatioN) showed that CRESTOR 5 mg and 40 mg reduced the proportion of lipid-rich necrotic core (LRNC) in the most diseased area of atherosclerotic plaques by 17.
39) * High dose rosuvastatin reduced portion of vessel wall comprised by the lipid-rich necrotic core by 32.