The application draws on the LIPID MAPS Structure Database (LMSD), a relational database encompassing structures and annotations of biologically relevant lipids with over 30,000 unique lipid structures.
What does LMSD stand for?
LMSD stands for Lipid MAPS (Metabolites and Pathways Strategy) Structure Database
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LMSD
We have 9 other meanings of LMSD in our Acronym Attic
- Land Mobile Satellite Channel
- Local Masters Swim Committee
- Local Media Services Company (West Australian sports media)
- Lockheed Missiles and Space Company
- Logistics Management Systems Center
- Lower Merion Soccer Club
- Land Mobile Satellite Communications Channel
- Littlefield Members Social Cricket Club
- Left Main Stem Disease (cardiology)
- Light Manufacturing Studio District (Santa Monica, CA)
- Lockheed Missile Systems Division
- Louisville Municipal School District (Louisville, MS)
- Lower Merion School District (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
- Last Minute Summer Event
- Least Mean Square Error (mathematics)
- Les Miserables School Edition
- Liaison Multimodale Sud Est (French: South East Multimodal Link; public transportation; France)
- Limbic Motor Status Epilepticus
- Linear Mean Square Error
- Linear Mean Square Estimation
Samples in periodicals archive:
US and European researchers in a number of medical and biological disciplines examine the LIPID MAPS approach, eicosanoid lipidomics, comparing the lysophospholipid content in malignant and non-malignant diseases, probing interactions between phosphoinosites and proteins, and other topics.
McDonald is a leader in the field of lipidomics, and his work includes directing the mass spectrometry branch of the LIPID MAPS Sterol Core where they recently concluded a sterolomic analysis of the Dallas Heart Study, a 3200+ human subject cohort.