Because the linear attenuation coefficient between the transmitted and incident radiation beam is related to density, the signal from the detector will provide the material density profile through scanning direction.
What does LAT stand for?
LAT stands for Linear Attenuation Coefficient
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAT
We have 145 other meanings of LAT in our Acronym Attic
- Liability Adequacy Test (insurance)
- Library Automation Technologies (est. 2001)
- Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Lidocaine, Adrenaline and Tetracaine (topical anesthetic)
- Liebherr-Aero-Technik GmbH (German corporation)
- Life Adjustment Team (mental health)
- Light Anti-Tank
- Ligue Anti-Texto (group against SMS language in forums)
- Limited Authority to Teach (instructor approval)
- Linear Algebra Toolkit (mathematics)
- Liquid Apogee Thruster (spacecrafts)
- List of Factory Options Available (Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Association)
- Living Apart Together (relationship)
- Load Allocation Table (UK)
- Local Access Telephony
- Local Access Terminal
- Local Activation Time (electrocardiology)
- Local Address Table
- Local Apparent Time
- Local Area Telephony
Samples in periodicals archive:
An algorithm called Microvis (2000) developed by Embrapa Agricultural Instrumentation (CNPDIA--Sao Carlos, Brazil) was used for image reconstruction, using tomographic units (TU) related to the soil linear attenuation coefficient [mu] ([cm.
Loftus noted that his measured linear attenuation coefficient for air at laboratory conditions was 0.