Enhancements to ACML announced today include an update to the Linear Algebra Package (LAPACK) and increased optimizations for Quad-Core AMD Processors, including Quad-Core AMD Opteron[TM] Processors and the upcoming AMD Phenom[TM] quad-core processor.
What does LAPACK stand for?
LAPACK stands for Linear Algebra Package
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Leased Access Programmers Association (Jackson, MS)
- Length Adaptive Pressure Assessment (PII Group)
- Licensed Adoption Placement Agency (India)
- Local Action Planning Association (Australia)
- Los Angeles Paranormal Association
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Association (est. 1919; California)
- LaPorte Area Planning Advisory Committee (Colorado)
- Latin American Parliamentarians against Corruption (est. 2002)
- Life Amendment Political Action Committee
- Louisiana Procurement and Contract Network
- Association of Art & Antiques Dealers (formerly London and Provincial Antique Dealers Association; UK)
- London and Provincial Antique Dealers Association (now Association of Art and Antiques Dealers; est. 1974; UK)
- Lightweight Acoustic Processing & Display System
- Lesotho Association for Public Administration and Management
- Low Altitude Penetrating Attack Missile
- Lembaga Penerbangan dan Antariksa Nasional (National Agency for Aeronautics and Aerospace, Indonesia)
- Los Angeles Pediatric AIDS Network (California Children Services)
- Left Atrial Pulsatile Synchronous and Synchronous Bypass (cardiology)
- Landau-Paris Symposium on the Eighteenth Century (historical study)
- Lake Area Partnerships for Animal Welfare (Lake Charles, LA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taking advantage of the highly tuned BLAS kernels, a key set of Linear Algebra Package (LAPACK) routines have been further optimized to achieve greater performance than standard LAPACK implementations.
The library, initially available with a FORTRAN interface, is comprised of a full implementation of optimized Level 1, 2 and 3 Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines (BLAS), Linear Algebra Package (LAPACK) as well as Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs) in single-, double-, single-complex and double-complex data types.