The California bill established three classifications of phlebotomists: Limited Phlebotomy Technicians can perform skin punctures; those with the Certified Phlebotomy Technician-I designation (CPT-I) can perform skin punctures and venipunctures; CPT-II phlebotomists can perform skin punctures, venipunctures, and arterial punctures.
What does LPT stand for?
LPT stands for Limited Phlebotomy Technician (licensed medical assistant)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LPT
We have 120 other meanings of LPT in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Propulsion Test
- Law Practice Today
- Legal Professional Training
- Length-Preserving Transform (lossless text transformation)
- Licensed Penetration Tester
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician
- Life Pro Tips
- Light Pressure Turbo (automotive)
- Limited Performance Test
- Limited Power Technician (Minnesota State Board of Electricity license)
- Limited Private Type
- Limited Production Test
- Line Printer
- Line Printer Terminal
- Linear Planarization Technology (semiconductors)
- Linear Position Transducer (medical equipment)
- Liquid Penetrant Test (non destructive testing)
- Listed Property Trust
- Literary Present Tense (language use)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the operator of the largest non-government HIV testing program in California, today praised the California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signing Assembly Bill 221, legislation which updates and streamlines the training of counselors for rapid HIV testing by exempting persons administering finger stick rapid HIV tests from the requirement for certification as a limited phlebotomy technician (LPT).
AB 221 updates and streamlines the training of counselors for rapid HIV testing by exempting persons administering finger stick rapid HIV tests from the requirement for certification as a limited phlebotomy technician (LPT).