Limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) has been increasingly implicated as a cause of ocular surface diseases including pterygium.
What does LSCD stand for?
LSCD stands for Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LSCD
We have 7 other meanings of LSCD in our Acronym Attic
- Lincoln Square Chamber of Commerce (est. 1948; Chicago, IL)
- Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma (tumor)
- Lancashire and South Cumbria Cancer Network (UK)
- La Salle College Computer Team
- Doctor of the Science of Law
- Laboratorio Secundario de Calibraciones Dosimétricas (Peru)
- Large Screen Color Display
- Laser Stand-Off Chemical Detector
- Licensed Status Confirmation Document
- Life Safety Code Deficiency (US FEMA)
- Liquid/Supercritical Carbon Dioxide
- London School of Contemporary Dance (UK)
- Lilly Singapore Centre for Drug Discovery
- Low-Speed Cable Driver Modem
- La Salle College Drama Team (Hong Kong)
- Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Case Western Reserve University)
- Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (France)
- Land Surveying/Civil Engineering
- Least Square Complex Exponential (algorithm)
- London School of Computer Education (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chemical severely damaged the cornea stem cells leaving him with a condition known as Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency (LSCD).
His attacker caused massive damage to his cornea and left him with Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency.
A sampling of "Hot Topics" includes: * Interstitial Laser Therapy (ILT) as an Alternative to Open Surgery: Lower Rates of Infection and Better Aesthetic Results Earns ILT Industry Praise * Photochemical Tissue Bonding: A Potential Strategy for Treating Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency * MR-Guided Laser Ablation of Liver and Kidney Tumors * Acne Treatment Luncheon: Experts Discuss Novel and Proven Light Therapies to Treat Acne and Acne Scarring * Endovenous Laser Ablation Takes the Helm as the Most Widely Accepted and Used Treatment Option for Insufficient Great and Short Saphenous Veins * International Experiences in Lasers in Dermatology: The Skinny on New Home Devices, Treatment of Axillary Hyperhydrosis, Cellulite and Melasma, and more Keynote Speaker Invited guest speaker Neil R.
Key words Chitosan matrices--denuded human amniotic membrane--limbal stem cells--PI3K/Akt/JNK pathway--signal pathway ********** In recent years, one of the major advances in the management of patients with ocular surface damage due to total limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) is by the transplantation of the epithelial progenitor cells expanded from the limbal explants cultured over human amniotic membrane (HAM) with or without the feeder layer (1-4).
The combination of limbal and AM transplantation has been shown to improve the surgical outcome in patients with total limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD).