com/prnh/20130214/DC60923LOGO) Since 2001, federal funding and coordination of muscular dystrophy research has dramatically enhanced discovery and development of potential treatments for the muscular dystrophies, including: Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies (DMD/BMD, or also known as DBMD); congenital muscular dystrophy (CMD); facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD); limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD); and myotonic muscular dystrophy (MMD).
What does LGMD stand for?
LGMD stands for Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGMD
We have 1 other meaning of LGMD in our Acronym Attic
- Local Government Managers Australia (professional association; Australia)
- Laboratory for Global Marine and Atmospheric Chemistry (University of East Anglia School of Environmental Sciences; Norwich, UK)
- Landscape Grounds Management Association of North Carolina
- Logistics Applications of Marking and Reading Symbols
- Lady Godiva Memorial Band
- Local Government Management Board (UK)
- Lafayette General Medical Center (Louisiana)
- Lewis-Gale Medical Center
- Local Government Ministers' Conference (Australia)
- London Gay Men's Chorus (UK)
- Lobula Giant Movement Detector (computational biology)
- Local Government Monitoring Database (Tanzania)
- Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy 1A
- Muscular Dystrophy, Limb-Girdle, Type 1A
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Type 1C (gene mutation)
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Type 2A (autosomal recessive disorder)
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2B
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy, Type 2D
- Lawn & Garden Marketing and Distribution Association
- Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival (Professor V. Lakshminarayana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a separate study, he and his associates transferred the large limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2D gene via the adeno-associated virus (Ann.
Zoe Hallam, 18, who has limb-girdle muscular dystrophy, said: "In a process that is already complicated for any student, the additional restrictions placed on disabled people can make it a real challenge to go to university.
Joining Triple H in some of the PSAs is Max LaCaria, an 11-year-old from Arizona who has limb-girdle muscular dystrophy.
Other, less severe forms of muscular dystrophy include Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD), Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (EDMD), facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FMD), limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD) and myotonic dystrophy (MMD).