Byline: BILL OLDFIELD WE'RE told not to hide our light under a bushel, a phrase taken, of course, from the Sermon on the Mount.
What does LUAB stand for?
LUAB stands for Light under a Bushel (blog)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LUAB
We have 2 other meanings of LUAB in our Acronym Attic
- Licking under Armpits
- Limited User Account
- Limited Utility Assessment (DoD Military testing procedure)
- Link-Up America
- Local Units of Administration
- Logical Unit Application (Microsoft)
- Love You Always (Internet slang)
- Lukla, Nepal - Lukla (Airport Code)
- Lehigh University Alumni Association (Bethlehem, PA)
- Land Use Advisory Board (various locations)
- Land Use Advisory Committee (various locations)
- Land Use and Allocation Committee (Nigeria)
- Large User Abatement Certificate (electricity usage; New South Wales, Australia)
- Latinos United In Action Center
- Leuvense Universitaire Aero-Club
- Life Underwriters Association of Canada
- Linux User Advisory Council (est. 2003)
- Liberty-Enabled User Agent or Device
- Lower/Upper Alternating Direction Implicit (algorithm)
- Left Upper Abdominal Evisceration
Samples in periodicals archive:
We have to be more viable in the marketplace," says JBS Marketing Manager George Kotalik, "and we'll become more competitive by no longer hiding our light under a bushel basket.
When IHEs hide their light under a bushel basket (as my grandfather used to say) they have no one to blame but themselves.