H) has entered into an exclusive world-wide licensing agreement with Laser Diagnostic Instruments International Incorporated (LDI3), of Ottawa to conduct airborne oil and gas exploration assessment surveys for companies in the petroleum exploration sector using LDI3's Laser Induced Fluorescence Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) laser scanning technology.
What does LIDAR stand for?
LIDAR stands for Light Detection and Ranging
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of LIDAR
We have 7 other meanings of LIDAR in our Acronym Attic
- Linguistic Assistant for Domain Analysis
- List of Inherited Disorders in Animals
- Low-Impact Development Approaches (Clean Water Services; Hillsboro, OR)
- Louisiana Indigent Defense Assistance Board
- Leadership in Diversity and Communications (DaimlerChrysler)
- Laboratory for International Data Privacy (Carnegie Mellon University; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Laser Identification Detection and Ranging
- Laser Imaging Detection and Ranging (system)
- Laser Induced Differential Absorption Radar
- Light and Radar
- Light Intensity Distance and Ranging (surveying)
- Light Detection and Ranging Device
- Light Detection and Ranging System
- Launcher Instrumentation Data Acquisition System
- Line Information Data Base
- Line Information DataBase
- Logistics Integrated Database
- Logistics Intelligence Data Base
- Logistic Integrated Database - Publication Output Function
- Labour International Development Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Models 18X7 80-MHz balanced receivers provide higher gain, thus better signal detection, for coherent heterodyne-detection applications, including doppler LIght Detection And Ranging -- or LIDAR, a laser radar -- which is used to explore the atmosphere, and optical coherence tomography, which is used for mapping sub-surface features such as in the human body.
Industry analysts predict that collision avoidance systems, based on light detection and ranging, will appear on automobiles within five years, and may employ a solid state light detector like the LAAPD for its sensitivity and ruggedness.