To feed the transmitter, the illegal broadcaster will tap into the building's power supply, often by diverting electricity from the lift motor room putting the lift out of action The transmitters are usually located miles away from the studio of the illegal radio station which is linked via a wireless connection.
What does LMR stand for?
LMR stands for Lift Motor Room (hydraulics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMR
We have 95 other meanings of LMR in our Acronym Attic
- Labor-Management Relations
- Laboratory for Molecular Robotics
- Labour Market Reentry (Canada)
- Lamar (Amtrak station code; Lamar, CO)
- Lancashire Mini Register (UK car club)
- Land Mobile Radio
- Laser Magnetic Resonance
- Last Message Replay (emergency services)
- Last Minute Resistance
- Last Month's Rent
- Limited Market Release (various companies)
- Limited Medical Radiography (X-rays)
- Limites Maximales de Résidus (French: Maximum Residue Limits; food production; EU)
- Linear Multiple Regression
- Liquid-Metal Reactor
- Little Martian Rover
- Livestock Mandatory Reporting (USDA)
- Living Marine Resources
- Local Message Rate
- Logistics Management Report
Samples in periodicals archive:
These were invariably installed in the lift motor rooms of residential housing blocks, illegally and dangerously connected to the electricity supply.