For many scientists, however, the real possibility of life on other planets is more exciting than anything fiction can offer.
What does LOOP stand for?
LOOP stands for Life on Other Planets (Supergrass album)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LOOP
We have 21 other meanings of LOOP in our Acronym Attic
- Laughing Outrageously Out Loud (Internet/chat/email)
- Leave-One-Out Likelihood (statistics)
- Large Object-Oriented Memory (information technology)
- Leave-One-Out Method (neural networks)
- Liverpool Logistics, Offshore and Marine Centre (UK)
- Loyal Order of Moose
- Laughing Out of My Ass
- Lotus Owners Oftha North (Minnesota)
- Law of One Price (finance, economics)
- Leaders of Oak Park (Kansas City, MO)
- Lifeline of Ohio Organ Procurement Agency (Columbus, OH)
- Long-Range Open Ocean Patrol
- Loss Of Offsite Power
- Louisiana Offshore Oil Port, Inc.
- Loop While Equal
- Language for Object-Oriented Petri Nets (computer programming)
- Loop While Not Equal
- Loop While Not Zero
- Learning, Observing and Outputting Protein Patterns (public domain package)
- LISP (List Processing) Object-Oriented Programming System (programming language)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One night, Sheen discovers the sound he's been waiting to hear, proof there is life on other planets.
This is a very exciting opportunity to learn about our planet, the history of our planet, perhaps even analogues to life on other planets," says David Karl, a microbiologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu who cochaired a conference last fall on Lake Vostok.