In 1964, she became a Massachusetts Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker and began a 32-year career in hospital social work.
What does LICSW stand for?
LICSW stands for Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Leeds Industrial Co-Operative Society (UK)
- Leeds International Classical Studies (online journal; UK)
- Leeds International Concert Season (classical music series; UK)
- Left Intercostal Space (cardiac anatomy)
- Logic In Computer Science
- Lotus International Character Set
- Low-Income Cost-Sharing Subsidy (Medicare)
- Senior Chief Lithographer (Naval Rating)
- Long Island Cactus and Succulent Society (New York)
- Long Island Council for the Social Studies
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician (training)
- Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (Malaysia)
- Long Island Computers and Technology (New York)
- Low-Intensity Continuous Training
- Lynch Interactive Corporation (Rye, New York)
- Love Is Colder Than Death (band)
- Life Insurance Company Taxable Income
- League of IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) Credit Unions (various locations)
- Length of Intensive Care Unit (hospitalization)
- Low-Income Credit Unions
Samples in periodicals archive:
Johnston, a licensed independent clinical social worker, has established a newsletter for kids and teens, "Strength & Spirit," because she knows the value kids place on advice from their peers.
Smoles received a Masters of Social Work degree from the State University of New York at Albany in New York and is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker and a Certified Employee Assistance Professional.