This project started when we were implementing the SITA/ NLSA open source Library Information Management System (LIMS), says Lesiba Ledwaba, CIO National Library of South Africa and head of project.
What does LIMS stand for?
LIMS stands for Library Information Management System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LIMS
We have 35 other meanings of LIMS in our Acronym Attic
- Lipocalin-1 Interacting Membrane Receptor (molecular biology)
- [not an acronym] (formerly Life Insurance and Market Research Association)
- Limited Release
- Linear Induction Motor Research Vehicle
- Laban Institute for Movement Studies
- Laboratory Information Management System
- Land Information Management System (Canada)
- Lantfleet Information Management System
- Laser Ionization Mass Spectrometer
- Last Icon Maker Standing
- LIDAR Imaging and Measurement System (for Localization of Mobile Platforms)
- Limb Infrared Monitor of the Stratosphere
- Log Inventory Management System
- Logistics Information Management System
- Logistics Inventory Management System
- Longbow Integrated Maintenance System (Apache helicopter)
- Low Intensity Magnetic Separator
- Logistics Installations and Mission Support - Enterprise View (US Air Force)
- Lithuanian Medical Students' Association
- Long Island Moving and Storage Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The integrated solution combines Geac's StreamLine(TM) enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and Vubis Smart, the most recent release of Geac's library information management system.
West said that combining its new filing system, WestFile Service, with the IBM Digital Library information management system provides a direct link from an attorney's desktop to the court's desktop.
Before joining Viewlogic, she was a program manager at Mentor Graphics Corporation (Beaverton, Oregon) where she conceived and developed Mentor's Library Information Management System (LIMS) which solved customers' implementation problems and generated on-going revenue for the company.
ALS library information management systems meet the needs of research, public, corporate, medical, and K-12 school libraries.
Before joining Viewlogic, she was a program manager at Mentor Graphics Corporation (Beaverton, Oregon) where she conceived and developed Mentor's Library Information Management System (LIMS) which solved implementation problems and generated on-going revenue for the company.