ELLA-V aims to bridge the gap for students with a lower level of English proficiency.
What does LOEP stand for?
LOEP stands for Level of English Proficiency (language skill assessment)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LOEP
We have 3 other meanings of LOEP in our Acronym Attic
- Loss of Energy Expectation (power generation)
- Lowest Temperature Equaled For the Month
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (movie)
- Laughing Out Extremely Loud
- Limited Online Exploitation Licence (online business)
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life (law)
- Lowest Observable Effect Level (EPA)
- Lowest Observed Effect Level
- Law Office Economics and Management
- Legislative Office of Education Oversight (education policy review; Ohio)
- Liberia Orphan Education Project (Virginia)
- List Of Effective Pages
- Loss of Electrical Power
- Loss of Energy Probability (power system design criterion)
- Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness
- Lords of EverQuest (gaming)
- Laboratory for Oceanographic and Environmental Research (Texas A & M University, Galveston)
- Lake Okeechobee and Estuary Recovery (Florida)
- League of Extraordinary Runners
- Lowest-Observed-Effect Residue (toxicity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hence, this decision on their perception is to be quantified by requesting students to self-evaluate their level of English proficiency in reading, listening, writing and speech.
The Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives report, required by the federal No Child Left Behind Act, also measures progress on two other targets: whether at least 35 percent of ELL students move up by one level of English proficiency, based on their scores on the standardized English Language Proficiency Assessment, and whether ELL students as a group did well enough on regular state math and language arts tests to meet the federal standards for "adequate yearly progress," or AYP.
The CELDT identifies new English learning students in kindergarten through 12th grade, determines their level of English proficiency and provides an annual assessment of their progress in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Results of the ordinary-least square regression analysis indicated that presence of father in Canada, higher self-rated socio-economic status, immigration to Canada being politically motivated, and higher level of English proficiency were significantly and positively related to academic performance.
Champion of IDEAS is well-suited to the American International School of Vietnam's needs because it allows each student to be taught at their specific level of English proficiency rather than their grade level.
It reminds us again that many students enter college with weak English skills, and it redoubles our determination that college requirements should emphasize a high level of English proficiency for all students.
Champion is based on the latest linguistic research and methods that help students reach a high level of English proficiency as quickly as possible," said Mark Espinola, CEO of Ballard & Tighe.