The body said it had sent a letter to doctors in July advising them to consider alternative treatments.
What does LTD stand for?
LTD stands for Letter to Doctor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LTD
We have 199 other meanings of LTD in our Acronym Attic
- Last Trading Day
- Leadership Team Development
- Learnable, Teachable, Duplicatable
- Learning Technologies Division
- Learning Technology Development (various locations)
- Learning through Discovery
- Leave and Transit Depot (Australia)
- Lecture Theatre D (various locations)
- Left to Do
- Lembaga Teknis Daerah (Indonesian: Regional Technical Institute)
- Life to Date
- Lift-to-Drag (aviation ratio)
- Light Toned Deposit (planetary science)
- Limiting Throughput Distribution
- Lincoln Traditional Design (automobile)
- Linear Transformer Driver
- Linguistique Théorique et Descriptive (French: Theoretical and Descriptive Linguistics)
- LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary (software)
- Live Test Demonstration
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the same day it announced that it would discontinue using zinc, the pharmaceutical giant sent a letter to doctors across the country warning them of the "potential health risk" posed by "long-term excessive use of GSK's zinc-containing denture adhesives Super Poligrip 'Original', Super Poligrip 'Ultra Fresh', and Super Poligrip 'Extra Care.
Roche sent a letter to doctors describing the new pregnancy warnings, which were added to an existing black-box warning on the drug.
But ScotlandOs Chief Medical Officer, Dr Mac Armstrong, has only sent a letter to doctors telling them to offer the MMR jab on an OopportunisticO basis.
Dr Charles Swainson, the medical director of Lothian NHS Trust, sent a letter to doctors urging them to stop sending emergency cases to Edinburgh's hospitals for at least 48 hours.
Johnson & Johnson, which markets Eprex in Europe, said in a letter to doctors last week that it was aware of 141 reports of suspected pure red- blood cell aplasia.
The maker of mifepristone has sent a letter to doctors, informing them that six women have become seriously ill, and two have died, after undergoing medical abortion using the drug in combination with misoprostol.
In cooperation with [the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and the US Food and Drug Administration, VI Technologies has issued a warning letter to doctors that those individuals who undergo liver transplantation should be carefully monitored when PLAS+SD is used in this setting," said Fred Darr, MD, director of medical affairs for plasma services of the American Red Cross, which distributes the product for VI Technologies.