Less Commonly Taught Language and Commonly Taught Language students: A demographic and academic comparison.
What does LCTL stand for?
LCTL stands for Less Commonly Taught Language
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LCTL
We have 2 other meanings of LCTL in our Acronym Attic
- Library of Congress Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (US)
- Lake County Tribal Health Consortium, Inc. (Lakeport, CA)
- Law on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (Bulgaria)
- Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
- Landelijke Commissie Toezicht Indicatiestelling (Dutch: National Committee for Medical Surveillance)
- Large Component Test Installation
- Lehigh Career & Technical Institute (Schnecksville, Pennsylvania)
- Lake County Transportation Improvement Project (Illinois)
- Louisiana Coalition for Tax Justice (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Large Component Test Loop
- Longitudinal Conversion Transfer Loss
- Lossy Coupled Transmission Line
- Little Change in Temperature
- Luxembourg City Tourist Office
- Lactation Consultant Training Program (various organizations)
- Least Cost Transportation Planning
- Lake Chelan Tourism Promotion Group (Washington)
- Landing Craft Tank Rocket (D-Day, used to assault bunkers)
- Large Cash Transaction Reporting
Samples in periodicals archive:
When I look at the language map, few of China's neighboring countries use English; most of them speak the so-called less commonly taught languages.
Selected from that conference, these 17 essays cover the role of Title VI programs in national and global security; in building national capacity in the less commonly taught languages; the history and significance of the programs; internationalizing higher education with the Title VI programs; accessing, benchmarking, and assessing Title VI; technologies in the programs; data on national enrollments in the more than 200 less commonly taught languages of the programs; and future directions for Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs.
Alexander adds, "[T]oday's backlog is no longer confined to Arabic and its multiple dialects, but also includes a variety of other less commonly taught languages.
The department's goal remains increasing the language capability in the less commonly taught languages and ultimately creating a cadre of language professionals with a high level of language proficiency," the official said.
Patricia Paulsell, co-director of the Center for Language Education and Research at Michigan State University, recently helped organize a national conference on less commonly taught languages and other issues.
In sum, the multiple packages in this CD not only supplement the printed textbook, but also enrich the instructional materials for Chinese for working professionals, responding to the continuous call for adequate resources for less commonly taught languages (Grosse & Voght, 1991, 2012).
Although Colonel Conway makes many good points, I believe that the best way to get Air Force officers who are qualified in less commonly taught languages is to send them to DLI.