The church, like all of society, has come to realize that its centuries-old view that same-sex activity is an aberration is not how lesbian, gay, transgender or bisexual people experience themselves.
What does LEGATRA stand for?
LEGATRA stands for Lesbian, Gay, Transgender
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Logistical Expediting Group
- London Electricity Group (London, UK)
- Lukens Energy Group (various locations)
- Leg Activity
- Legal Advisors (NATO)
- Law Enforcement Gays and Lesbians (est. 1999; various locations)
- Lebanese Equality for Gays and Lesbians
- Lesbian and Gay Law Association of Greater New York, Inc.
- Louisiana Electorate of Gays and Lesbians (New Orleans, LA)
- Legal Attache (US government)
- Legislative Council (Hong Kong)
- Learning Grid of Excellence
- Lee Endowment for Global Freshwater (Inland Seas Association; Suttons Bay, MI)
- Leggiero (music; easily, lightly)
- Local Enterprise Growth Initiative (UK)
- Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network (comics)
- Locally Excitatory Globally Inhibitory Oscillator Network
- Lesbian and Gay Immigration Task Force (Canada)
- Low Energy Gamma Monitor
Samples in periodicals archive:
If anything, it's those areas that are the sort the council should be tackling rather than blundering in and causing a problem with the lesbian, gay, transgender community.
She has been active in lesbian, gay, transgender and queer communities for over 20 years, and has a particular focus on the health and well-being of takatapui and queer/ trans youth.
Comparing the importance of speaking up for human rights to the basic act of breathing, Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa gave an historic speech to the lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual and intersex (LGBTI) community at Grace Cathedral, San Francisco in April.
Then you may be pleased to discover that for the last 14 years LGBT students have gathered at the Midwest Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, and Ally College Conference.
Gene Robinson predicted it is only a matter of time before lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual people are fully incorporated into the life and ministry of the Episcopal Church Saturday while preaching in Grace Cathedral here.
The conference is remarkable for its size, scope, and diversity of programming, with presentations and workshops on HIV/AIDS; lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual health; substance abuse; aging; families and relationships; and legal issues.
Out@Work is the Council of Trade Union's network for takataapui, lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual, intersex and fa'afafine union members.