Speaking in an interview with the Leipziger Volkszeitung daily, Merkel made it clear that Germany would not agree to a renegotiation of the so called EU fiscal pact.
What does LVZ stand for?
LVZ stands for Leipziger Volkszeitung (German newspaper; est. 1894)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LVZ
We have 2 other meanings of LVZ in our Acronym Attic
- Lehigh Valley Writing Project (website and conferences; Bethlehem, PA)
- Left Ventricular Wall Thickening (cardiology)
- Left Ventricular Wall Thickness (cardiology)
- Las Vegas Extremes (website; www.lasvegasextremes.com)
- Las Vegas Xterra Club
- Lagoon View Yacht Club (Waretown, NJ)
- Lehigh Valley Yoga Center (Allentown, PA)
- Las Vegas Youth Orchestras (Las Vegas, NV)
- Lehigh Valley Youth Soccer League (Pennsylvania)
- Lateral Ventricular Zone
- Low Velocity Zone
- Liga Van Vlaamse Zweefvliegclubs (Belgium)
- Liefhebbers Verbond Zaalvoetbal Meerbeek (Dutch: Lovers League Soccer Association Meerbeek)
- LAN War (gaming)
- LAN/WAN Exchange
- Land Warrior (Army)
- Landsteiner-Wiener (blood group)
- Langwelle (radio band 30-300 KHz, German)
- Laser Warning (US Air Force)
- Laser Weapon
Samples in periodicals archive:
Refusing a German development minister entry to the Gaza Strip is a great foreign policy mistake on the part of the Israeli government", Niebel told the online edition of the Leipziger Volkszeitung newspaper.
However, Niebel told the German daily Leipziger Volkszeitung that he was dismayed that Israel was "making it so difficult for even its truest friends to understand its behavior.
In an interview in Germany's Leipziger Volkszeitung newspaper, Merkel said: "Buchenwald concentration camp, the battle fields of northern France and the destruction of Dresden stand for the terrible suffering which Germany wreaked on Europe through the Holocaust and horror of World War Two.
She told the Leipziger Volkszeitung daily in an interview that Dresden, Normandy and Buchenwald were all "examples of the dreadful suffering" unleashed by Nazi Germany across Europe.
Not to be outdone, the organ of the Soviet Writers' Union announced that Orwell's "vision of the future is becoming a reality--in the United States," while the East German Leipziger Volkszeitung found that the book "has parallels with the real world of imperialism .
This pub cannot be beaten for tastelessness," Marianne Birthler, director of the government's archive of Stasi records, told the Leipziger Volkszeitung newspaper, adding that anyone who had seen inside the regime's files "would not have the stomach for a beer in that bar".
An overwhelming majority of Germans are still grateful for the Wall's fall, according to a poll in the regional daily Leipziger Volkszeitung, with 79 percent of those surveyed calling November 9, 1989 a joyous day.