sites) must be obtained from the Subject or legally authorized representative prior to any study related procedures (including withdrawal of prohibited medication, if applicable).
What does LAR stand for?
LAR stands for Legally Authorized Representative
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAR
We have 151 other meanings of LAR in our Acronym Attic
- Lateral Acceleration for Rollover (automobile performance testing)
- Latin American Region
- Lattice Aided Reduction
- Launch Acceptability Region (USAF)
- Launch Associated Railcar
- Leader Auto Resources (automobile aftermarket purchasing co-op, Canada)
- Leaf Area Ratio
- Leaflet Artillery Round
- Learning, Actions, Results
- Legal Amount Recognition (remittance/lockbox processing)
- Legislative Appropriations Request (Texas)
- Leitungsanlagenrichtlinie (German Code of Practice)
- Letter of Assumption of Responsibility (domain names)
- Leucoanthocyanidin Reductase (enzyme)
- Liaison Action Record
- Liaison Action Request
- Liberty Acres Rabbitry (Ohio)
- Libyan Arab Republic
- License Amendment Request
- Liferay Archive
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some patients with early AD have capacity to provide their own informed consent, but it is common practice in AD studies to obtain consent from a legally authorized representative, usually a close relative, and an assent from the patient.
3) Briefly, the rule includes requirements for institutional review board approval of proposed research; procedures for informing research participants or their legally authorized representatives about the research when feasible; provisions for recordkeeping; processes related to FDA oversight (such as "investigational new drug" and "investigational device exemption" applications); and responsibilities for unapproved research.
In the case of Alzheimer's patients unable to make medical decisions, their legally authorized representative must give permission for the patient to participate.
7) Like the California law, Virginia's statute specifies an order of priority for legally authorized representatives.
Stroke patients were entered into the open-label study if they were aged 45-95 years, and if the patient or a legally authorized representative gave consent.
As specified in the protocol, once the patient arrives at the hospital, the investigator and study staff, along with hospital personnel, make rigorous attempts to contact a legally authorized representative or family member if the patient remains incapacitated.