In its letter refusing her request, the council said: "As you will no doubt be aware, legal professional privilege is a common law concept which protects communications between a professional legal adviser and client from being disclosed, including to a court of law.
What does LPP stand for?
LPP stands for Legal Professional Privilege (document confidentiality protection)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LPP
We have 209 other meanings of LPP in our Acronym Attic
- Law of Popular Participation (Bolivia)
- Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, Inc. (Middlesex, NJ)
- League for Pastoral Peoples and Endogenous Livestock Development (Germany)
- Leak Point Pressure
- Lean Premixed Prevaporized (combustion)
- Learning Project Plan (education)
- Learning Promotion Potential (educational framework)
- Learning Prototype Phase
- Lease Purchase Program
- Legacy Proceedings Project (IEEE Computer Society)
- Legislation and Public Policy (various organizations)
- Legitimate Peripheral Participation (community of practice)
- Lembaga Pertubuhan Peladang (Malaysian: Farmers' Organisation Authority)
- Length between Perpendiculars (maritime)
- Letter Processing Plant (Canada Post)
- Ley de Participación Popular (Spanish: Popular Participation Law; Bolivia)
- Liberation Prison Project (San Francisco, CA)
- Liberian People's Party (Liberia)
- Licensed Professional Planner (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Licensed Program Products
Samples in periodicals archive:
The fact the editing process was done on legal advice will also raise difficulties of legal professional privilege which might prove insurmountable.
But the report said this was not a case of the society being obstructive but because "legal advice provided to the Law Society and to the panel confirmed the legal professional privilege which was said to attach to some of the material was not theirs to waive, and despite considerable efforts the panel was unable to assist them to find a way round the obstacle.
Legal professional privilege was still "alive and kicking," she said.
The MoD argued in submissions to the Baha Mousa inquiry that the papers were covered by legal professional privilege, which protects communications between lawyers and their clients.
Meanwhile, the Public Prosecution Service said the conviction raised important issues of legal professional privilege.
amp;middot; Material obtained by the police needed to be independently analysed to remove any items subject to legal professional privilege prior to review of the material by the investigative team.
The Birmingham office of international law firm DLA hosted a seminar on Legal Professional Privilege with the Midlands group of the Commerce & Industry Group, an organisation for in-house lawyers.