Two environmental organizations, the Florida Sierra Club and the Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation (LEAF), have mounted a campaign to oppose UICs.
What does LEAF stand for?
LEAF stands for Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LEAF
We have 64 other meanings of LEAF in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Environmental Airborne Fluorosensor
- Law Enforcement & Armed Forces (apparel)
- Law Enforcement Access Field
- Law Enforcement Analysis Facility
- Law Enforcement Assistance Fund (Colorado)
- Leaders in Environmentally Accountable Foodservice (Canada)
- Leading, Environmentally Friendly, Affordable Family Car (various companies)
- Leading, Environmentally Friendly, Affordable Family Vehicle (Nissan)
- Learning and Ecological Activities Foundation for Children (est. 1998; Japan)
- Legal Education and Action Fund
- Leonardo Education and Art Forum (International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology)
- Lettinga Associates Foundation
- Life Energy and Future
- Linking and Exploring Authority Files
- Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall
- Lisgar Environmental Action Force
- Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests (Canada)
- Logistics Education Assistance Fund
- Low Energy Absorption Forum
- Ludlow Education Assistance Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation, a nonprofit public interest law firm focused on environmental issues, is currently investigating clean energy and tax-shifting possibilities in Florida, using the state's dependency on tourism and its subsequent money shortfalls from September 11, 2001 to create opportunities and educate the public.
The Natural Resources Defense Council and the Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation have recognized FPL as one of the cleanest electric companies in the country.
These programs and several more were part of a package of environmental and energy efficiency programs contained in an agreement proposed by FPL and the Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation, a charitable, public interest environmental law firm.
May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Florida Power Corporation (FPC) and the Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation (LEAF) jointly requested the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) to approve an agreement between them that would initiate new or enhance existing innovative energy- efficiency programs.