Comparative value of tissue Doppler imaging and m-mode color Doppler mitral flow propagation velocity for the evaluation of left ventricular filling pressure.
What does LVFP stand for?
LVFP stands for Left Ventricular Filling Pressure
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LVFP
We have 1 other meaning of LVFP in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Valley Fire District (California)
- Las Vegas Fire Department (Las Vegas, NV)
- Laurel Volunteer Fire Department (Maryland)
- Leonardtown Volunteer Fire Department (est. 1928; Maryland)
- Libertytown Volunteer Fire Department (Libertytown, MD)
- Low Voltage Free Electron Laser
- Lake Victoria Fisheries Management Plan (EU)
- Lehigh Valley Folk Music Society (Allentown, PA)
- Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization
- Las Vegas Field Office
- Lehigh Valley Family Practice (Whitehall, PA)
- Las Vegas Fire and Rescue (Las Vegas, NV)
- Left Ventricular Early Filling Rate
- Lake Victoria Fisheries Research Project
- Läkemedelsverkets Föreskrifter (Swedish: Medical Products Agency)
- Left Ventricular Fractional Shortening
- Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society (UK)
- Loamy Very Fine Sand (soil type)
- Low Vision Functional Status Evaluation
- Left Ventricular Filling Time
Samples in periodicals archive:
1], respectively), suggesting mildly elevated left ventricular filling pressure from diastolic dysfunction.
It is not a definitive test, but merely gives an indirect measure of left ventricular filling pressures.
Bertram Pitt of the University of Michigan, commented that: "The Orqis pump has had a remarkable effect in improving left ventricular filling pressure and reducing the level of brain and naturetic peptide (BNP) in patients with renal dysfunction and heart failure maintained on inotropic support.
Utility of preload alteration in assessment of left ventricular filling pressure by Doppler echocardiography: a simultaneous catheterization and Doppler echocardiographic study.
Determination of left ventricular filling pressure by Doppler echocardiography in patients with coronary artery disease: Critical role of left ventricular systolic function.