6) Additional brain research has shown increased gray matter in the left cerebellum and left inferior frontal gyrus (which controls the right side of the body) in left-handed pianists.
What does LIFG stand for?
LIFG stands for Left Inferior Frontal Gyrus (neurology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LIFG
We have 3 other meanings of LIFG in our Acronym Attic
- Living in Fantasy Evading Responsibility :-)
- Lifeboat Station (US Navy)
- Leeds International Film Festival (England)
- Leiarutvikling I Fjord Fylket (Norwegian: Leader Development in Fjord County)
- Ljubljana International Film Festival (Slovenia)
- Love Is for Fools (song)
- London International Financial Futures Exchange
- Long Island Family Friendly Employer (New York)
- Long Island Flag Football League (New York)
- Low-Income Families Fighting Together
- Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
- Life Investors Financial Group
- Low-Income and First-Generation
- Local Initiatives for Health
- Laser-Induced Fluorescence Imaging
- Latino International Film Institute (Los Angeles, CA)
- Leiden Institute for Immunology (Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands)
- Light Fidelity (Panasonic)
- Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale et d'Intelligence Artificielle
- Low Income Family Incentive Scheme (Singapore)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As seen in previous fMRI research, participants' brains were found active in the left inferior frontal gyrus.
As predicted, all participants' brains activated in the left inferior frontal gyrus more forcefully for metaphors than for literals.
The left inferior frontal gyrus response to words peaked at approximately 130 ms.