4) The left coronary system comprises the left main artery, which bifurcates into the left anterior descending artery (LAD) and the left circumflex artery (LCX).
What does LCX stand for?
LCX stands for Left Circumflex Artery
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LCX
We have 1 other meaning of LCX in our Acronym Attic
- Lung Cancer in Workers with Silicosis (occupational medicine)
- Limestone County Water and Sewer Authority (Athens, AL)
- Laurens County Water and Sewer Commission (South Laurens, SC)
- Large Caliber Weapon System Laboratory
- Leaving Chilled Water Temperature
- Low Class White Trash
- Little Cottonwood Water Treatment Plant (Utah)
- Lahore College for Women University (Pakistan)
- Low Country Wet Zone (Department of Agriculture, Sri Lanka)
- Leaky Coaxial Cable
- Logistics Coordination Exercise
- League of Communists of Yugoslavia (political party)
- Lionville Community YMCA (Lionville, PA)
- Local Currency
- London, England, United Kingdom - London City (Airport Code)
- Loose Cubic Yards (earth moving engineering equipment)
- Lutheran Church Youth
- Latah County Youth Advocacy Council (Idaho; youth development group)
- Lagoon City Yacht Club (Brechin, Ontario, Canada)
- Lake Canyon Yacht Club (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 [+ or -] 3 for left anterior descending artery, left circumflex artery and right coronary artery, respectively (8).
The left circumflex artery was totally occluded proximally, and the right was 90% narrowed in its mid-portion.
For each patient, the researchers evaluated a total of 100 segments from four vessels--left main coronary artery, left anterior descending coronary artery, left circumflex artery, and right coronary artery.
The left circumflex artery was 90% obstructed by a plaque at 2.
The frequency of the absence of the left circumflex artery is reported as 0.
Recommended indications include significant left main coronary artery stenosis, stenosis [greater than or equal to] =70% in the proximal left anterior descending (LAD) and proximal left circumflex artery, and 3-vessel coronary artery disease.
Indeed, one of the features of electrocardiograms indicating that the right coronary artery, rather than the left circumflex artery, is the culprit is ST-segment depression in lead I.