Sylvana Lakkis, a veteran disabled rights activist from the Lebanese Physical Handicapped Union (LPHU), said Lebanon still had a long way to go before it could claim to treat disabled people in a suitable manner.
What does LPHU stand for?
LPHU stands for Lebanese Physical Handicapped Union (Beirut, Lebanon)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Laparoscopic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair
- La Plata High School (Maryland)
- Lake Placid High School (Lake Placid, FL)
- Lewis-Palmer High School (Monument, Colorado)
- Lincoln Park High School (Lincoln Park, Illinois)
- Lindsay Place High School (Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada)
- Local Public Health System
- Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome
- Lone Pine High School (Lone Pine, CA)
- Local Public Health Team (National Public Health Service for Wales, UK)
- Low Pressure High Volume (spray apparatus)
- Low Pressure Hot Water
- La Propiedad Industrial (Spanish: Industrial Property)
- Labarge Products, Inc (St. Louis, MO)
- Land & Property Information (NSW, Australia)
- Land Policy Institute (Michigan State University)
- Language Proficiency Index
- Language Proficiency Interview
- Laps Per Incident (racing)
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (glaucoma treatment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Lebanese Physical Handicapped Union strives to increase employment for individuals with disabilities in the mid-west Bekaa, tackle the prejudice towards the working capacities and skills of disabled people, and activate the role of local governments and the National Employment Office.
The Lebanese Physical Handicapped Union sent a complaint to the Interior Ministry lamenting the difficulties disabled people faced in accessing polling stations, often situated on the second or third floors.